I’ve been strongly influenced by DJ Hardy, Ray Crook, Tom McAulay, and other Seascape and landscapes painters from North Queensland. I’ve studied under Annika Silvers and Barbara Cheshire, and both influenced and changed my approach to painting. For years I worked on a series of Eungella Rainforest paintings. Going on the Larapinta exhibition allowed me to use a different palette from my usual rainforest and seascape colours. I like the authenticity of painting ‘plein aire’ – I find I can work in the elements depicting the landscape with guts and feeling. I like to use strong marks, and my passion is to be able to accurately paint the light that defines a landscape.
- Born in Townsville in 1967.
- Started painting in oils in the late 70’s.
- Exhibited and sold at the Annedale Art Gallery.
- In 1990, started studying for a Diploma of Fine Art.
- Moved to Mackay in 1992 to start a Picture Framing business (never stopped painting though).
- In the mid 1990’s, opened the Milton House Fine Art Gallery.
- Has exhibited and sold through own gallery for past 20 yrs.
- Winton Shire Council purchased large work ‘Willy Mars’.
- Sold to private and business collections around Australia.
- Invited by Euan Macleod to join Larapinta Exhibition.
- Exhibited with Defiance Gallery 2011.
- Currently exhibiting at Nowra Regional Gallery
|Untitled||Oil on canvas||1080 x 500mm||$2900|